Friday, October 24, 2008

I Can't Weight For The Weekend. Get it? "Weight?"

I don't like to release posts too close to each other unless it's breaking news about me, but I need to get out of here and since it's Friday, I need to leave everyone with a song. It's part my format you see.

This song here is The Weight by The Band. It's from the movie The Last Waltz. If you haven't seen it, it's only the best concert film ever with performances by Neil Young, Van Morrison ,Neil Diamond and Bob Dylan among others. It's a classic. So play this loud and make sure to stop back over the weekend.

12 comments:

J. Hi said...

I love that song. Makes me want to woooooooo. Oh, It' s 4:10, time for the first beer of the weekend. Cheers, Zibbs!

Unknown said...

My feet are now on my blog, so you can include me in the calendar. You're welcome.

Gwen said...

6 pm, Friday night, still working. This was a nice break.

Gwen said...

Somebody please to be opening a beer in my name. KTHXBAI!

Micgar said...

I have yet to see the movie-I have a best of The Band cd-and that is is one of my top 5 albums!
I really do want to see this movie though i have heard its really good!

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Weight - Wait -

"Yeah, that's a real knee slapper!!"

Is that saying the "hick" coming out of me?? Darn It!!!

- Jennifer

SkylersDad said...

That really was a damn fine concert flick!

Verdant Earl said...

G and I are huge fans of The Band and that film.

She wants us to get a bulldog just so she can name it Levon Helm. I don't know why it has to be a bulldog. That's her gig.

Anonymous said...

"weight for the weekend".... sorry, not following.
Don't tell me though, I'll figure it out eventually..

Btw, Dr., I saw you said you were married, but are you happily married??? Let me know....

Dr Zibbs said...

Tova, saw the feet picture. Everyone else - please add Tova's feet to your calendar upon assembly.
Dick Small - I want to leave some kind of suspense don't you think?

Michelle said...

Damn i love that song!!!

I love 1.23 when the woman sings!!! She rocks!!!

Dr Zibbs said...

Michelle J. - I'm not kidding you, that woman gets me everytime when I hear her.