Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Styx Song Is For Chicks

So the Styx song "Come Sail Away" was on the radio as I'm driving to Wegmans this morning and it hit me. This is one of the gayest songs I've ever heard. Watch the video and sing the lyrics below. Oh yeah. Put a dress on first. Honestly, tell me those lyrics couldn't be on a poster of a unicorn and hanging in a 4th grade girl's room.



I'm sailing away
Set an open course for the virgin sea
For I've got to be free
Free to face the life that's ahead of me
On board I'm the captain
So climb aboard
We'll search for tomorrow
On every shore
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try
To carry on
I look to the sea
Reflections in the waves spark my memory
Some happy, some sad
I think of childhood friends
And the dreams we had
We lived happily forever
So the story goes
But somehow we missed out
On the pot of gold
But we'll try best that we can to carry on
A gathering of angels appeared above our heads
They sang to us this song of hope and this is what they said
Come sail away
Come sail away
Come sail away with me
I thought that they were angels
But to my surprise
We climbed aboard their starship
And headed for the skies

12 comments:

Micgar said...

Yep-totally! Might as well just go to the Dr.'s and order up a few changes today! That song is horrible! I used to like Styx a long time ago. Now I can't listen to any of those songs without thinking-"damn is that the dumbest song ever?!"

Verdant Earl said...

That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore. Ya never know when you are gonna get Styx-rolled.

SkylersDad said...

I agree, but Suite Madam Blue rocks!

Elizabeth said...

I never liked that one, but then again, I'd be hard-pressed to like much that Styx put out.

I feel like a traitor saying that, because Styx and I are both from Illinois.

Elizabeth said...

That doesn't make me guilty by association, does it?

words...words...words... said...

The poor "virgin sea". It has to live with the fact that it lost its virginity to Dennis DeYoung.

Oh, and re: your question, I grew up in Collingswood, a little town right next to Cherry Hill in South Jersey.

Chris said...

I didn't realize how completely horrible this song was until I realized that it has the same climax as the latest Indiana Jones movie with those *$&#ing aliens at the end.

I bet L Ron Hubbard didn't find this song very amusing.

Fancy Schmancy said...

Oh sweetie,I didn't know how gay this was until you brought it up. I actually would have enjoyed it until you pointed out how queer you are. Quite delicious and yummy, yes?

Anonymous said...

Can anyone say "Come sail a-gay."

Whiskeymarie said...

I don't need you to post the lyrics, because I have this song memorized due to it's awesomeness, haters.

I challenge you to a sing-off...
any day, any time, suckers.

I rock.

Leonesse said...

wow. I liked the song til you ruined it for me. Damn, that was ghee. Next you'll tell me there's no Easter Bunny.

Anonymous said...

Now you'll probably get a letter from DeYoung's wife. I hear she gets her tits in a twist when anyone mocks the little girl she married.