Friday, October 24, 2008

Blogger Reveals Contents Of Email He Sent To Another Blogger


So I send an email to my blogger friend Falwless this morning about something that happened last night and she said I should post it. Here you go:

......Also, was getting a beer in West Chester at the end of the day and this is what really happened. Only 6 people in this Irish Pub [Kildare's]. This hot chick. I mean hot - approaches me. I'd been reading the blog comments on my blackberry but the whole subject of bloggers and meeting bloggers was kind of in my head. Oh yeah, and I have my best suit on so I'm looking gooood [I'm not making this part up]:

Chick: Excuse me.
Me: Hi
Chick: Are you Jim?
Me: Yep.
Chick: I'm Eileen.
Me: Hi. How are you doing Eileen (trying to figure out where I know her from).
Chick: So how are you?
Me: Pretty good.
Chick: So it's uh..nice to meet you.
Me: Wait do I know you?
Chick: yeah, we've talked and...yeah.
Me: What's your name?
Chick: Eileen. And you're Jim.
Me: Where do I know you from? (thinking she's a blogger that somehow found out who Zibbs was)
Chick: We were supposed to meet here for a date.
Me: ..Um. I don't think so.
Chick: Oh. (sits down 2 seats away)
Me: I'm married and I was just sitting here having a beer...
Chick: Oh well I was supposed to meet a blind date here and his name is also Jim. It's one of those online dating service things. You kind of look like what he described himself as (she looks confused)
Jim: Oh. Well he'll probably be here soon.
Chick: I thought that you saw me - then you were disappointed so you were pretending you weren't him.
Me: No. I'm married but if I wasn't I'd ...go out with you. (bartender is witnessing the whole thing)

..then I went on to talk for a few minutes and I told her I have a friend that's single and he's a good looking guy with a good job and he just started doing the online dating thing as well. She asked if I would give him her number and I said yes. Just then Jim (the poor man's Jim) walked in so we stopped talking. I was only there for one beer but she wrote her phone number (digits to the hep) on a napkin and gave it to the bartender when she went to the bathroom and the bartender slipped it to me. Interesting.

29 comments:

katrocket said...

That's a completely awesome story! I hope it becomes a series. I wanna know if those two crazy kids can make it in this mixed-up world.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I bet SHE was disappointed you weren't her Jim! Right?

Right?

Dr Zibbs said...

Poobomber - that's what I'm thinking. I was kind of hoping that the note said, "I want YOU to call me" - even though I wouldn't. It's just nice to be wanted.

Anonymous said...

How do these things happen to you??

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Wow that is cool! So, were (are) you better looking than the poor man's Jim? WAIT...now I need a beer!

AND SHAME ON YOU for keeping the napkin. I'm sure you passed it on to your "single friend"?? Jim, get your wife in here STAT..we need to talk to her

- Jennifer

dmb5_libra said...

"I'm married but if I wasn't I'd ...go out with you"

niiiiiiiiice.

Red said...

Wait. You have a good-looking single friend with a good job? I'll be there immediately to meet this human anomaly!

Dr Zibbs said...

Jen and Sand - you just gave me an idea. I should call her up and show up in the Billionaire wig I posted about a few weeks ago. If I get caught, I'll tell my wife that I thought that it wasn't cheating if I was wearing a wig. Hmmm. wonder if that will work.
Kimmie - I haven't even scratched the service of real life things that have happened to me.
bmb5-libra - thanks.

Caffeine Court said...

Does your wife read this blog? If so you'd better delete this post pronto! And burn that napkin, before she finds it in your pocket.

Do it! You'll thank me later.

Sass said...

I love those stories. I absolutely love with stuff like that happens.

Have a great weekend, Zibbs. ;)

~E said...

So, if I jot down my number on a napkin and snail mail it up to PA along with a pic worthy of a "wow she's not ugly" comment rom you, can I meet your cute single friend?

I mean...I'd want YOU to call of course but wives tend to dislike me for some reason. :(

Anonymous said...

I love made up stories.

Tony Alva said...

That's way cool... Shit happens to me all the time.

Hot looking chick: Hi! Are you Brett Michaels?

Me: Why yes, yes I am.

HLC: Wanna go into a nasty stall in the men's room, do a few rails off my thong clad ass?

Yep, happened today at work even.

Gwen said...

If your single friend is Calhoun, I'll shiv the skank. He's mine.

Chris said...

That has the most awesome story that could ever occur over a beer.

BeckEye said...

"I'm married but if I wasn't I'd ...go out with you."

If I had a dime for every time I've heard this one, I'd I'd still be bitter, but at least I'd be rich.

Jennifer and Sandi said...

Ummm no, won't work. I already tried something like that on Millionaire.com. Ahhhh yes, those were the good ol internet dating days. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Now I have my wonderful boyfriend so I don't bother with those places anymore...too scarey.

I think you need to post a mystery blog about guessing your "Profession." You don't have to say the company, just a tad more than Marketing.

Clues so far:

Blackberry *Yawn* AND you check the internet on it. Don't get Sandi going on that issue.

Clients: Huge Arena for that one

Facebook user: *Yawn* Get with the program and go to Myspace

Would be a fun fun fun post don't ya think???

*Tink*
- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

*cracking up at Tony Alva's comment*

Michelle said...

Dr Z very interesting life you lead!!

I may take a trip to this place called PA!!

words...words...words... said...

That number was not meant for your "friend".

Also, is it really THAT hard to meet a decent guy?

Falwless said...

www - YES.

Gwen said...

www - YES.

Anonymous said...

That is a great story! How'd it work out for your friend?

Anonymous said...

That is a great story! How'd it work out for your friend?

Dr Zibbs said...

Trogblog - I didn't give him the # yet.

Anonymous said...

You are a smooth operator :)



peace
#2

Mel O said...

@ Zibbs; nice story, love it. Is this also how you "came out" to the bloggers that you're married? Very tricky, tricky, Dr. Zibbs!

@ WWW; YES!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good luck convincing your wife, "I'm holding it for a friend" when she finds the napkin.

I cannot imagine the stories bartenders could tell...

Dr Zibbs said...

Smedette - haha. This post was actually a few years ago but I remember bringing it home and finding it the next day and I just threw it out.