Saturday, October 18, 2008

Johnny DeFrancesco Power Trio at the Note In West Chester

The Johnny DeFrancesco Power Trio is at Bam Margera's The Note tonight (Oct 18) in West Chester. I saw them at Vincents Jazz and Blues * on Gay Street a while back and they're a really good power trio, playing lots of Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughn and other great blues and rock.

The other bands playing are Monacy and The Sermon.

And as always, I'll be on the lookout for any bloggers. I may even introduce myself so make sure to hit an ATM beforehand because it's going to be very embarrassing for you when you want to buy me drinks all night and all that's in your pocket are a few coins, a paper clip and a Wrigley's wrapper. Seriously, have some self respect.



*Did you know that Joe Pesci sang at Vincent's in the early 1980's when he was the lead singer for a Jazz band? It's a fact.
**Upon meeting me, until notice is given, do not look me directly in the eyes. Also, use common sense and perhaps others to gauge my mood. Don't come on too strong and always remember that I like to guide the tempo, tone and pace of all conversations. Other than that - have fun with it!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I'll be there!!

NOT!!!

You should come to Brooklyn!!!

Sher said...

I like your frankness...and mirth. Very funny!

Elizabeth said...

I'm afraid to look you in the eyes from here.

Micgar said...

Cool band-really like that song! The guitarist is good! I'll check out more of those guys for sure!

SkylersDad said...

I had planned on looking at your reflection in my warrior shield.

Chris said...

I can't make it so I'll have to owe you that drink!

Red said...

I just love that the main street in your town is Gay St. Makes me giggle everytime. Yes, I am 8 years-old.

Vodka Mom said...

Hey- when I finish laundry, grocery shopping, dusting, vacuuming, cooking and making lesson plans for the week, I'll be right over..

JDizzle said...

Zibbs, MPW played at The Note on Friday night. Although I was out of town. You could have at least been mildly entertained by the band in my absence.

Dr Zibbs said...

JDizzle - I wish I had known!

Anonymous said...

Pesci sang there in '01 or '02 with the joey defrancesco trio. He crapped himself from stage fright, and the band had to go downstairs and beg him to come up and sing. I was there!