Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pork Roast Recipe Is Tasty Goodness From Chester County


If you know me. You know that I love to cook. And since this is my blog and I can do anything I want, I'm going to give a little cooking instruction. Above is a really tasty boneless pork roast that anyone could cook. Seriously. If you don't cook, you can make this and everyone will love you. Here's all you have to do.

- Get yourself a boneless pork roast
- Mix up these ingredients: olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, fresh rosemary (chopped) and a tablespoon of mustard.
- Now rub all of these ingredients all over the roast.
- Next, put the roast in a zip lock bag and add a few dashes of Worcestershire Sauce and squeeze an orange in the bag too.

Marinate for 4 - 6 hours.

- Take pork out of the bag and tie it with string. This will help it to cook evenly. (Do it better than the sloppy job I did in the picture above.
- Heat up your grill (or burner) and sear all sides of the pork. Then cook the pork under indirect heat for about 70-90 minutes or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. Don't over cook as it will become very dry.
- Take the pork off the grill and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
I like to serve mine with saurkraut*, garlic mashed potatoes and applesauce.
*I like to cook mine in cast iron on the grill because I like to throw the kraut in at the end.

26 comments:

Gwen said...

::drool::

What time's dinner? If I start running now, think I can make it?

Yeah, didn't think so. Guess it's Chinese delivery tonight.

Gwen said...

Also, wet or dry mustard? I assume dry since you made a rub, but one never knows.

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen, that would be wet mustard. Then you squoosh everything together in the bag.

Bizarro said...

I don't get it? What's the gag? Is it anti-semitic or something? I don't know, too esoteric for me, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Ever see that 5 minute marinade machine that works by vacuum? I wonder if it's any good.

Nice looking recipe though, amigo, yum. I might share my cabbage roll recipe with everyone on my blog now that you've started the ball rolling.

Elizabeth said...

Jinkies. I don't even eat meat and I like the look of that.

Gwen said...

I've got pictures from the last time I made my great-grandma's beef veggie soup. Maybe I'll do that.

I feel a movement coming on, and not the poo kind.

Chris said...

That looks incredible, Dr. Z! I know what you mean about not overcooking it. We take ours to about 155 internal and then let it rest foiled, just in case.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

I do something similar but I butterfly the pork, take out the rosemary put in sage, w/ dry mustard. Marinate in the refridge for about an hour... then roll the pork filets in flour, fill a pan w/ vegetale oil and fry... Quite nice, a favorite in the household.

Whiskeymarie said...

You know I love it when you talk porky to me, baby.

Mmmm...pork.

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks tasty!

I am eating BBQ-pulled-pork as I type :)

peace
#2

Gwen said...

Never mind. I can't find the pictures.

SkylersDad said...

OK, I finally managed to track down and capture a pig. Which part is the roast?

Vodka Mom said...

Dammit, now I'm coming over as well. Put another plate on the table. I'll bring the drinks.

Anonymous said...

Zist diner un mine kin undreslptzch una kruatunze der est spretch einderkrant.

Des un gut?

Ech eniner verslopn

Dr Zibbs said...

Anon - my German is a bit rusty but you want to put a bratwurst in your caboose? Dude you're sick.

Fancy Schmancy said...

I just decided today that I'm done cooking pork. I can't figure out how to make it tastey, and not overcook it. And then you show up with this. Where can I sign up to get a husband to cook for me?

Anonymous said...

I cooked pork the other night. Just before I pulled it off the grill, I cut off a little crusty, fatty bit and gave it to my son to taste test. "So?" I said. He said, "It tastes like love."

More recipes, please.

Michelle said...

I do not partake in the eating of meat, but if i did Dr Z, your meat would be the first thing i'd put in my mouth!!!!

Falwless said...

Holy crap, that comment was a little spicy, michelle j! Niiiice!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm... anything with kraut and worchestershire sauce is delish. Two of my favorite things.

saratogajean said...

Man...now my lunch is looking barf-a-licious.

I want a pork roast.

Fuck you pb&j. You disappoint me.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm so intimidated by grills.

LYDIA said...

I think you should post recipes more often - so I am assuming you are the family cook rather than your wife?

katrocket said...

Looks very tasty, Zibbs. I made the most awesomest BBQ pulled-pork in my crockpot last week, but I've never tried a roast before - I'll be giving this one a try!

Dr Zibbs said...

Kimmie - grilling is simple. I've seen the stuff you make. You could easily do grills.