Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Philly Area Blogger Asks Phillies Fans To Play This Elton John Song

So to get everyone excited about the Phillies game tonight in LA, here's Elton John singing Philadelphia Freedom. I know, the song was really about the Philadelphia Shuffle Boarders or something like that - I've never claimed to know anything about sports but the song does mention Philly. A lot.

And as an added bonus, he's singing it on.......Soul Train. Yes Elton John went on Soul Train. I don't know who made this decision but by the looks of the dancers, I'm sure Don Cornelius was not happy.

"OK, Elton John is on? Elton John!? Fine, then I want all the crappy dancers that have been waiting on the sidelines to dance to his song. There's no way - NO WAY - I'm going to waste the funk and soul of my good dancers on this cracker nonsense. Now if 'll excuse me, I need to get my mole powdered."


15 comments:

Jennifer and Sandi said...

CRAP, left my dancing shoes at home!

- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Was this before he was gay?

#1

Real Live Lesbian said...

Great, now that song's stuck in my head!

P.S. Elton John was ever NOT gay?

Anonymous said...

I cranked this up to full volume in my office and believe it or not...my coworkers can DANCE!

Michelle said...

Dr Z, sorry but Elton John is scary to me!! This song is OK, but HE just frightens me, then again many things frighten me!! :O)

GO PHILLIES!!!

Anonymous said...

@ michelle j - why can't I comment on your site? I wanted to share my love for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

BEST. SHOW. ON. TV.

Dr Zibbs said...

Mind Diarrhea - can I tell you that I love your name. Is it French though? Also, when you introduce yourself as Mind Diarrhea, what percentage of people laugh?

Jen said...

his hat is stupid.

oh yeah,,
GO SOX!!!

Michelle said...

@minddiarrhea i left you a comment on your blog!!

Try signing up for disqus.com please!! I'd love to hear from you!!

Cup said...

As an elder statesmen of the blogworld, one who was around during the days of "Philadephia Freedom," I must point out that Elton wrote this song for Billie Jean King.

Anonymous said...

Go Phillies...Go Phillies...Go Phillies.

I'm sorry, did I mention "Go Phillies"?

Vodka Mom said...

soul train? SOUL TRAIN? HAHHA.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

How dare you suggest underwear doesn't go on the outside of pants! (bogart's blog)

Wait...does Halloween count?

Hallie :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

2 more quick things...

around the 1:56 mark...the dude wearing ONLY denim overalls really gets down with his bad self!! IMPRESSIVE

And did anyone else notice that Elton's mic looks A LOT like a penis. Coincidence?

Red said...

Congrats to you and your Phillies.