Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Best Halloween Costume Ever Discovered In Downingtown

I did it. I found the best Halloween costume at the Halloween store in Downingtown (right near the Wegmans). Behold it's glory. I'm asking readers not to buy it because when I went to the counter to make the purchase, I didn't have enough money. This costume is $14.99! I'm heading to the bank right after lunch. I know it's a lot scratch to pay for a costume but the way I see it, I'll go this year as "The Billionaire" and next year as "Le Billionaire". I know. Pretty smart.

My only problem is that it's September 24th and I don't think that's going to give me enough time to master that expression that the guy on the bag is doing. Do you know how many takes it probably took to get that pose just right? And he's a pro! I was thinking about just carrying the bag in my pocket, then when I see people, I'll pull the bag out and and say, "You're Fired" - while holding the bag in front of my face. Is that stupid?

I'll have to learn how to say "You're fired" in Spanish for the 2009 Halloween, but I'll get to that after the new year.

16 comments:

BeckEye said...

You don't really need to master the expression or the catch phrase. Just act like a giant douche and you should be fine.

Sornie said...

I'm thinking of going as John McCain but where I live that might earn me lots of dirty looks and nasty words.

Feisty Democrat said...

Is it too late for you to market a Nana Zibbs mask? No knock on anyone retlated to you, of course, I just sayin'...

Elizabeth said...

That is indeed perfect. I think maybe if you suck on a few lemons, the facial expression will come naturally to you.

katrocket said...

Did Owen Wilson pose for the packaging photo? That guy is everywhere, man.

Miss Alex said...

It's a tough call ... you might have to scrap the costume all the way without that puss...

Unknown said...

roflmao...GREAT costume and TOTALLY works for the next few years.

Falwless said...

hahahahahahaha

First of all, "Le Billionaire" isn't Spanish you numbskull, it's le French! So you'll have to learn "You're Fired" in French for 2009.

I don't think it's stupid to keep the bag in your pocket and pull it out and hold it in front of your face when saying "You're Fired!" Not stupid at all. In fact, I dare say it's brilliant.

Dr Zibbs said...

Mathdude - if you want to mold Nana's face go for it. Nobdody has gotten within 5 feet of her cage for years. .
Miss Alex - Ha. Youy said "puss"
Falwless - Uh. I know it's French that was just part of the joke. Yeah. Part of the joke.

Vodka Mom said...

Do you think the kindergartners would get it? I'll just go to school as naughty librarian sarah palin. In mean tina fey. I mean steven colbert. Crap, I don't think they'll know ANY of my heroes.

words...words...words... said...

This is a versatile wig. You can go as The Billionaire this year, Carol Brady next year, Patty Duke in 2010 and Bonnie Franklin in 2011. Dr. Zibbs, you got a deal!

Red said...

I love that they call it "The Billionaire" and not "The Donald Trump."

Gwen said...

C'mon! The guy who invented Words, Voices, Motions can't do this simple impersonation? Whatever. I think you're just being modest.

Chris said...

You could probably also modify it slightly to be Stuart Smalley in 2010.

Dr Zibbs said...

Vodka Mom - why not put the billionaire wig on a cartoon character? Just sayin'
WWW - Good one.
Red - Lawsuit issues.
Gwen - my sick friend. Hope you're feeling better. I of course know I can get the imitation down but I don't want my readers to know I can do that too. I'm already intiminating enough.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the entire Halloween costume.