Friday, September 5, 2008

American Bandstand To Start Your Sept Weekend

I'm about to become a dancing fool this weekend while I try to unwind and contemplate my presidential run. And what better way than to walk out the door like George Gallo to this Barry Manilow song? Now, you have to watch this because you're gonna think - OK, this guy is just dancing like an idiot to this gay song. But wait. At about 44 seconds in he jumps into what I like to call "Style -n- Sass"* with his hands in his pockets. You be the judge:



Also, for those Chester County residents that want to meet me?... (or - who knows - those who may want to fly in - hoping to meet me) - I'll probably be at the Kennett Square Mushroom Festival tomorrow. I'll be wearing jeans or shorts.

* "Style-n-Sass" - if interested in licensing this phrase I just made up, please contact me. I have very low guarantees and royalty rates are very competitive. Serious inquiries only. NO BEAUTY PARLOURS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I think I might want that phrase. I'll trade you my "Devon is for Dummies" t-shirt for it :)

Falwless said...

I didn't really laugh until "NO BEAUTY PARLOURS!"

Now that was funny.

Anonymous said...

Mom said you should wear your rubbers to the Mushroom Festival and carry an umbrella.

Gwen said...

I like the hopping move. My cousin and I used to be (in)famous for wacky dancing and we did a similar move but incorporated a "leapfrog" effect and hopped OVER each other. It was classic.

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you did . . . pick me. We would not only be great running mates but also great dance partners.

ÄsK AliCë said...

Ok, I'm totally looking for the guy wearing jeans or shorts

Does a dog-grooming dive count as a beauty salon??

Elizabeth said...

I'm planning on opening a dance studio, focused on sharing the teachings of our master as pictured in the video.

I'd like to name it "Style-n-Sass."

May I?

Distributorcap said...

someone owes me something for the 2:48 i cannot get back

8-)

Dr Zibbs said...

Suze: would not be even trade
Falw: that's my fav part to.
anon: I'll have my lady take care of the protection.
Gwen: deciding this weekend while sitting in a large comfortable, imporant tinking chair.
Alice: Only if breeds are distinquished. Like a Borzoi
Enc: Depends on dance moves
DC: Like you really had something better to do.

Malcolm said...

That's the first time I've ever heard that song in its entirety. I was hoping that the dancing fool did the "double point" gesture at the end of the song like Dick Clark used to do towards the AB sign at the beginning of the show.