Saturday, September 13, 2008

West Chester Driver Considers Taking Up Instrument While in Exton

I was just listening to this Violent Femmes song while driving through Exton. The kick ass xylophone playing makes me want to take up the instrument. I'd start introducing myself as "Nubs"* because I bet that's what the xylaphone sticks are called. I'd be kind of like Sticks on Happy Days but I'd be Nubs. And believe me, my nubs would be with me at all times. You know - so I'd be prepared for every xylophone opportunity that came my way.

I can see me now - walking into the Exton Mall and pass a few trash cans? Yup, I'd whip my nubs out and go to town. Skinny skank wearing a tank top walking through Malvern? You guessed it - out come the nubs and me - Nubs - would start playin' her ribs.

While you listen to Gone Daddy Gone, imagine me - Nubs - at 1:20 into the video looking at YOU and giving a little wink and pointing my nub at you. I bet you'd never forget it.



*Feel free to start calling my Nubs. If the name starts to bother me after a month, I think I'll have to pick a different instrument to master.

15 comments:

Gwen said...

What up, Nubs?

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen - just pricing Xylophones that's all. Did you do the fire thing this weekend?

eDad2003 said...

this is what I mean about "sometimes, I don't get you"

GETkristiLOVE said...

I hope you've mastered more than one instrument, Mr. Nubs.

Dr Zibbs said...

Edad - I don't get what you don't get. What you've read above is a little thing we like to call in the humor blog biz - "comedy gold". And I know who you are edad. You know need to start a blog.

BeckEye said...

You know, I've met Gordon Gano. He's a friend of some friends.

Do you think I'm cooler than Falwless now??

Anonymous said...

So Nubs, it's a xylophone? I don't know why, I just always assumed it was a marimba. Thanks for hipping me to that fact.

Elizabeth said...

Nubs? I like it. Just don't get too big for your britches and sNub me, alright?

Micgar said...

Hey Nubby! I mean Nubs. Trade links or you stink?

Gwen said...

Sorry Nubbsy, it was so warm here that we didn't use the fire pit. I promise to burn a Santa for you before the end of fall.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nubs, next time you're at the Exton mall, stop in the Verizon store and upgrade your phone. My daughter needs the cash....

There will be no tank top however...

Chris said...

I have to admit, that is the best xylophone solo I've ever heard. Do ya think he played it on one of those Fisher Price Models that has wheels and each bar is a different color?

The femmes...I can't help but think of every party I went to during the mid 80s.

Falwless said...

This song totally brings me back, Nubs.

Anonymous said...

OK I will have to add that to the list of names I'll listen for when you actually introduce yourself to me:

- West Chester Blogger
- That Blue Yak
- Dr Zibbs
- Nubs

I think I've got it now.

Fancy Schmancy said...

We have excellent taste in music! Also, you must be really bored to be going through my older posts ;)