Saturday, September 20, 2008

Soul Stealing at West Chester Grower's Market

I didn't mean to steal the soul of this young Amish boy I just saw at the West Chester Grower's Market by taking his photo but I couldn't resist. It was pretty cute. The duo paused after playing a song and the Amish kid softly said, "Excellent."

I know how the Amish are about photos but since his face isn't showing I thought it would be OK. If the father sees this picture while online, or sees it when I finally get TBY TV up and running, please - feel free to pick up the phone and call me if you want the picture removed. I will remove it if given two wagon wheels and some pickled pearl onions.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the hat.

Miss Alex said...

you are hilarious. I could just picture this kid in my head... p.s. your last comment on my blog made me laugh

WendyB said...

What are you going to do with his soul now that you have it?

Anonymous said...

Doc, I once say an Amish family run into a group of Japaneese (is that how you spell it?) tourists at the Herr's Food factory tour.

Many of you readers may not see how funny that situation would be and I'm not going to even try to describe it but I tell you this, It is the first time in my adult life that I laughed so hard I shit my pants.

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Forgive me, but I'm not entirely sure how this works. Can you now send them a copy of the photo with a ransom note? "If you want to see your soul again, leave some barley and a jar of pickled onions in this location..."

Chris said...

Damn you!
Damn you!

I know have Weird Al Yankovich's Amish Paradise going through my head.

Dr Zibbs said...

Miss Alex - please stop back.
Wendy B - Craigs List
Anon - YOU HAVE TO WRITE A POST ABOUT THAT!!

Micgar said...

I want his SOUL! (cause I currently don't possess one!)

Dr Zibbs said...

Micgar - look for on Craigslist

Falwless said...

God you make me laugh.

Gwen said...

You should keep it in a jar for freshness later. Also, be sure store the jar in a cool, dry place or else it will rot.

Anonymous said...

If he's allowed to use "English" like "excellent", then you should have no guilt. His parents should be ashamed.