Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mexican Dinner Club Preparation In Chester County

I'm getting ready to clean and pamper myself in preparation for the dinner club I'm going to in a few hours. The hosts are serving Mexican. I hope that they serve some Chiles Rellenos. My new West Chester blog friend Kimmie posted a recipe for Chiles Rellenos a few days ago and I made it this week. Let me tell you something - was tasty. And for you fatties out there - it's pretty low in calories too.

So in the spirit of Mexico, here's a video of Charo* singing Love Will Keep Us Together. OK... She's really Spanish but..what are you gonna do. My Chiles Rellenos weren't 100% Mexican because I had to use Velveeta for the cheese. So it all evens out.

I just need to make sure I save enough room for Sunday's Chester County Restaurant Festival. Oh Yeah.




*I shit you not fact: Charo was named twice by Guitar Magazine as best Flamenco guitar player.

7 comments:

Renaissance Woman said...

Love the singing...I would be hoping for chips and salsa! I can live on that and beer.

Micgar said...

If you're ever down here in NM, I'll show you some real NM food! It'll knock your socks off!

Dale said...

In the spirit of cheeses of all types, real and imagined, I thank you for the Charo love. Did she have an actual series or was this a special I wonder? Crazy!

Dr Zibbs said...

MicGar - I would love to.
Dale - I think Charo had her own show. Not sure.

Anonymous said...

I hope your boy Oran-Jo doesn't make an appearance at the RestFest. I kinda like my limbs.

Elizabeth said...

Ooooh, Velveeta Rellenos! I like the sound of that. And Charo is a little bit Velveeta, too, so she fits right in. Coochie coochie.

Leonesse said...

Charo is excellent at pickin' that geetar. And shakin' her coochie coo.