Friday, September 26, 2008

Weezer Record Song For West Chester Blogger

When Weezer said they wanted to record a song about me - West Chester's Dr Zibbs - owner of the amazing, award winning blog THAT BLUE YAK - I told them they could on four conditions:

1) They record 5 different songs and I get to pull the winning song out of a hat. The four losing songs be thrown out and never spoken of again.
2) They use the word "Beatch" (say: Beeey-aaattchh).
3) When they tour, they stop by Bam Magera's new West Chester club The Note and let me play tambourine. I get at least one solo and get to stand in front.
4) I'm referred to as the Fifth Weezer.

They agreed to all of my demands Here's what the boys came up with - I give you "Troublemaker" by Weezer (aka' ode to Zibbs):



For the record - I still think the lead singer looks like my neighbor Mike K.

11 comments:

Gwen said...

I can't see the vid at work but I love the idea of you being called "Fifth Weezer."

Dr Zibbs said...

Gwen - if you're a REAL friend, you'll tell your boss you have to go home early. What's he gonna do - fire you?

Red said...

Good Lord! Who told Rivers Cuomo a mustache was a good idea?!?

Anonymous said...

I liked the singer better when he was on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

katrocket said...

I'm sorry man, that's a really terrible song. You should kick their asses.

Falwless said...

I haven't listened to this, but I have a question before I begin - when did John Stossel join Weezer?

Elizabeth said...

I love this acoustic version.

Unknown said...

I love that song. We taught it to our four year old.

Fancy Schmancy said...

The lead singer actually WAS my next door neighbor in 8th grade. I gave him his first french kiss. I'm glad it was before he grew that ridiculous mustache.

Dr Zibbs said...

Fancy Scmancy - are you serious? You need to write a post about this!

Fancy Schmancy said...

I shit you not. I'm reluctant to write about someone else's personal life when he's so in the spotlight. It's not like we're friends, except on MySpace. Other than that, I haven't spoken with him in almost 25 years. I'll think about it.